1 pound of ground beef
1/2 pound of lean ground pork
1/2 pound of chopped chicken gizzards
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 cup of chopped onion
1/4 cup of chopped bellpepper
1 cup of chopped celery
1 cup of water
1 (4-ounce) can of sliced mushrooms, un-drained
1/4 cup of chopped green onion
3 cups of cooked rice
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1. In a large Dutch oven, over medium heat, brown the beef, pork and gizzards in the vegetable oil.
Cook, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until all of the pink has disappeared from the meats.
2. Add the onion, bellpepper and celery and cook, stirring, for five to eight minutes, or until
vegetables are soft.
3. Add the water and mushrooms, stirring well to mix.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the green onion, rice, salt and cayenne pepper and mix well, breaking up any lumps in the
6. When the rice is warmed through, remove from heat and serve.
Makes 6 servings.