1 stick (1/4 pound) of margarine or butter
3 tablespoons of flour
1/2 cup of chopped green onion
4 cups of milk
1/2 pound (8 ounces) of fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 (14 ounce) can of artichokes (packed in water), drained and quartered
1 pint of raw oysters, drained
1/4 teaspoon of salt, or more, to taste
1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1. In a medium heavy saucepan, melt the margarine or butter over medium heat.
2. Add the flour and blend. Continue stirring and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the green onion and cook constantly stirring, for 2 minutes.
4. Slowly add the milk, mushrooms and artichokes and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens slightly.
5. Add the oysters, salt and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings