1 5 to 6 pound Beef Tenderloin, skinned & trimmed
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of course cracked pepper
1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon fennel seed (crushed)
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
5 oz. butter (melted)
1. After Tenderloin is skinned & trimmed, fold narrow end back onto itself and tie with Butchers
twine. (This allows meat to cook evenly)
2. In a bowl, combine salt, white and black pepper, cayenne, fennel, mustard, nutmeg, garlic, and
butter.....mix together well.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place Tenderloin in a shallow roasting pan.
4. Rub the above spice mixture over all sides of the Tenderloin.
5. Place in oven and roast for about 1 hour or until meat registers 120 to 130 degrees.
6. Remove from oven and let stand. Internal temperature will rise to 140 to 150 degrees.
7. When cool, slice beef crosswise into thin slices.
8. Serve with Horseradish sauce and sliced French Bread.